This blog should mainly serve as a small developer log over the duration of this year's Google Summer of Code. I'll try to keep it short and technical.
This year, like last year, I'm participating as a student for PulseAudio. My main task for this year is to update the resampling code.
So here's a list of things I have the privilege to work on over the summer:
- refactor and cleanup the resampling code
- enable resampling with libavresample
- enable resampling with libswresample
- deprecate the ffmpeg resampling method
- replace libspeex with opus tools
- improve resampling tests
What all of this exactly means will be explained some other time.
That's all for now. Bye!